We attend most of the major genealogy shows during the year. If you know of a show or conference in your area that you think we should attend, please let us know.
We have been giving Legacy presentations to many of the genealogy societies in Washington and Oregon during their monthly meetings. As we travel to different parts of the country we would love to meet with other groups and demonstrate Legacy. Demonstrations usually take between one and two hours, which gives us time to cover many of Legacy's great features and some time to answer questions. Please contact us if you are interested.
There is no way we can visit each and every genealogical society around the world. Because of this, other Legacy users often give demonstrations to their groups instead. If you are interested in doing a Legacy demonstration to your local group, please let us know. We can provide you with a suggested demonstration outline, sample files, brochures and other material to ensure a professional presentation. We also provide materials to people who would like to write a review of Legacy for their group’s newsletters.
During our travels, we enjoy visiting retail stores that carry Legacy (or would like to carry Legacy). If we can work it into our schedule, we would enjoy doing employee training and in-store demos for your customers. Please let us know if you would like us to visit your store.
Legacy Users Groups
Be sure to check the Legacy Users Groups page for information on meetings and presentations. Legacy Users Groups can vary from email or telephone contact lists to organizations that meet regularly to conduct workshops, provide informative speakers, discuss problems and share solutions.
• January 20-29 - Dallas, Texas. Beginning Legacy, a four session course will be offered at Brookhaven College, January 20-29, 2009 on Tuesday and Thursday afternoons from 1-4:20 p.m., in Room M124. Topics include how to enter names, dates, places, events, and notes for individuals; linking individuals together in a family; recording source citations and repository information; searching a family file, and printing reports. To enroll call Brookhaven College (972-860-4698).
• January 21, 2009. Apache Wells, Arizona. Family Tree Round Table will sponsor an all-day workshop featuring Legacy’s Geoff Rasmussen. Contact Ramona Kadow at email@example.com for more information.
• February 7, 2009. Tucson, Arizona. Arizona State Genealogy Society will sponsor a half-day workshop on using Legacy Family Tree, featuring Legacy’s Geoff Rasmussen. Contact Sharon Scott at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
• February 21, 2009 - Sun City, Arizona - West Valley Genealogical Society annual seminar. Featuring professional research, author and speaker, Laura G. Prescott. "Finding the Unexpected in Unexpected Places." Come visit with us at the Legacy booth. For more information, please visit http://www.azwvgs.org/Seminar.htm.
• February 27-28, 2009 - St. George, UT - Family History Expo2009, “Digging Roots: It's that easy!”
Dixie Convention Center
1835 Convention Center Drive, St. George, UT
February 27-28, 2009
For more information, please visit http://www.fhexpos.com.
• March 7, 2009. Bountiful, Utah. South Davis Regional Family History Fair. Utah’s largest free genealogy fair. Visit www.familyhistoryfair.com for more information. Come visit our booth and meet the developers. We will also be teaching the following classes:
- Mapping Your Ancestors: Using the Latest Software and the Internet
- Organizing, Planning, Charting, Mapping, and Sharing with Legacy Family Tree
- Getting Even More from Legacy Family Tree
• March 13-14, 2009. Provo, UT. Computerized Genealogy Conference at Brigham Young University. Visit http://ce.byu.edu/cw/cwcompu/ for more information.
• March 17, 24, 31 and April 7, 2009. West Valley Genealogical Society, Youngtown, Arizona: Advanced Legacy course, taught by Legacy's Geoff Rasmussen. Topics include searching, tagging, custom reports, sources, source clipboard, timelines, events, tips & tricks, and likely much more. Registration is limited. Visit http://www.azwvgs.org/Classes.htm for more information.
• March 28, 2009. Sacramento, California. Root Cellar - Sacramento Genealogical Society will sponsor a full-day workshop featuring Legacy’s Geoff Rasmussen. Visit http://www.rootcellar.org/ for more information.
• April 2, 2009. Sun City Grand, Arizona. Sun City Grand Computer Genealogy club. Class on Legacy Family Tree by Legacy’s Geoff Rasmussen. Contact Leon Chapman at Chapy@cox.net for more information.
• April 6, 13, 20, 27, 2009. Scottsdale, Arizona. Via Linda Senior Center is sponsoring a four week Advanced Legacy course held at the SeniorNet Computer Center at 10440 E. Via Linda in Scottsdale. Call 480-312-7957 to register or contact Barbara Despenza for more information.
• April 11, 18, 25, and May 2, 2009. Scottsdale, Arizona. Via Linda Senior Center is sponsoring a four week Advanced Legacy course held at the SeniorNet Computer Center at 10440 E. Via Linda in Scottsdale. Call 480-312-7957 to register or contact Barbara Despenza for more information.
• April 18-19, 2009. Edmonton, Alberta. Alberta Genealogical Society Conference 2009. Classes on Legacy Family Tree by Legacy's Jim Terry.
Chateau Louis Conference Centre, 11727 Kingsway Avenue, Edmonton, Alberta. Please visit http://abgensoc.ca/events.html for more information.
• April 24-26, 2009. Saskatchewan Genealogical Society Seminar 2009. Saskatchewan, Regina - Legacy's Geoff Rasmussen will present two plenary sessions:
- Genealogical Mapping
• May 9, 2009. Logan, Utah - Third Annual Logan Utah Family History Expo 2009. Click here for more information.
• May 13-16, 2009. Raleigh, North Carolina - National Genealogical Society Conference 2009, "The Building of a Nation from Roanoke to the West" in Raleigh, North Carolina. Legacy’s Jim Terry will teach “Legacy Family Tree: An Overview” on Thursday, May 14th at 11:00 am. Please visit http://www.ngsgenealogy.org/ for more conference information.
• May 16, 2009. The Hemet - San Jacinto Genealogical Society, Hemet, California, will feature an all-day seminar presented by Legacy's Geoff Rasmussen. Classes will include:
- Organizing, Planning & Sharing Using Legacy Family Tree
- Tips & Tricks with Legacy Family Tree
- Mapping Your Ancestors Electronically: Using Software and the Internet
- Sharing Genealogical Electronically: Publishing to CD/DVD, the Internet, and E-Mail
- Registration is required and seating is limited. Visit http://www.hsjgs.org/ for more information.
• June 12-13, 2009. Loveland, Colorado - Colorado Family History Expo 2009. Click here for more information.
• June 26-28, 2009 - Burbank, CA - Southern California Genealogical Jamboree 2009. Visit www.scgsgenealogy.com for more information.
• July 17-18, 2009. Sheridan, Wyoming - Wyoming Family History Expo 2009. Click here for more information.
• July 28-31, 2009. Provo, Utah - Conference on Family History and Genealogy. Visit http://ce.byu.edu/cw/cwgen/ for more information.
• September 2-5, 2009 - Little Rock, AR - Federation of Genealogical Societies Conference 2009 in Little Rock, Arkansas. Passages Through Time at the Little Rock Statehouse Convention Center. Please click here for details.
• September 5-17, 2009 - Legacy Genealogy Cruise - Mediterranean Sea. Please click here for details.