We attend most of the major genealogy shows during the year. If you know of a show or conference in your area that you think we should attend, please let us know.
We have been giving Legacy presentations to many of the genealogy societies in Washington and Oregon during their monthly meetings. As we travel to different parts of the country we would love to meet with other groups and demonstrate Legacy. Demonstrations usually take between one and two hours, which gives us time to cover many of Legacy's great features and some time to answer questions. Please contact us if you are interested.
There is no way we can visit each and every genealogical society around the world. Because of this, other Legacy users often give demonstrations to their groups instead. If you are interested in doing a Legacy demonstration to your local group, please let us know. We can provide you with a suggested demonstration outline, sample files, brochures and other material to ensure a professional presentation. We also provide materials to people who would like to write a review of Legacy for their group’s newsletters.
During our travels, we enjoy visiting retail stores that carry Legacy (or would like to carry Legacy). If we can work it into our schedule, we would enjoy doing employee training and in-store demos for your customers. Please let us know if you would like us to visit your store.
Legacy Users Groups
Be sure to check the Legacy Users Groups page for information on meetings and presentations. Legacy Users Groups can vary from email or telephone contact lists to organizations that meet regularly to conduct workshops, provide informative speakers, discuss problems and share solutions.
• 9-10 January - Salt Lake City, Utah. Salt Lake Institute of Genealogy. Millennia’s Geoff Rasmussen will teach the following classes as part of the Multimedia Publishing course:
· Basic Elements of Image Editing
· Basic Video Creations: Stills and Sound
Registration is required. For more information, please visit https://www.infouga.org/members/choose_event.php.
• 12 January - Provo, Utah. Utah Valley PAF User’s Group. After Barry Ewell’s main presentation of “Digital Photography for Genealogists”, Millennia’s Geoff Rasmussen will teach the following workshop: “The New Legacy 7.5”. Attendance is free and open to the public. For more information, please visit http://www.uvpafug.org.
• 13 January - Provo, Utah. BYU Family History Library. Millennia’s Geoff Rasmussen will teach the following classes which are free and open to the public:
· Research Guidance: FamilySearch, GenSmarts, and Legacy Family Tree
· Overview of Legacy Family Tree
For times and more information, please visit http://www.lib.byu.edu/fslab/classes1stQuarter.html.
• 26 January - Dallas, TX - Genealogical Society Technology Day from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm at the J. Erik Jonsson Public Library in Dallas, Texas. Jim Terry of Millennia Corp. will be doing two presentations: “Introduction to the New Legacy Family Tree 7.4” and “Documentation! Genealogy without It Is Mythology.” Please visit http://www.dallasgenealogy.org/fundraising/technology_day/technologyday.htm for details.
• 2 February, 2008 - San Luis Obispo, CA - Tracing Your Family Tree: Digital, DNA and Traditional Sources sponsored by the San Luis Obispo County Genealogical Society. Speakers include Dick Eastman, Cafi Cohen, Robert Albert, Max Blankfeld, Julia George, Cheryl Storton, and Legacy Family Tree’s Geoff Rasmussen. Pick up the latest Legacy software and other products. Held at Veteran’s Hall, 801 Grand Avenue in San Luis Obispo. For more information, please visit http://kcbx.net/~slogen/seminar_sched.html.
• 5, 12, 19, 26 February - Youngtown, Arizona - Genealogy Technology Course. Sponsored by the West Valley Genealogical Society, Millennia’s Geoff Rasmussen will teach the following series of classes:
· Keeping Up with Genealogy Technology: Blogs and Podcasts
· Mapping Your Ancestors Using Software and the Internet
· Scanning, Organizing, and Preserving Digital Pictures
· Fixing, Cleaning, Touching Up, and Restoring Old and New Photos
· Making a Family DVD/CD of your Genealogy, Pictures, and Documents That Your Family Will Actually Enjoy
· Where and How to Publish on the Internet
· Genealogy’s Future: The New FamilySearch and FamilySearch Indexing
Registration is required and seats are limited. Visit http://www.azwvgs.org/Classes.htm for registration and additional information, or call the WVGS Library at 623-933-4945.
• 8-9 February - St. George, UT - Family History Expo 2008 sponsored by FamilySearch and MyAncestorsFound. Choose to attend from 100 different classes. Visit our booth to see the latest Legacy software and products. Held at the Dixie Convention Center in St. George. For more information, please visit http://www.myancestorsfound.com/events/upcoming_events.php?event_id=1
• 14 February, 2008 - Bellevue, WA - What's New in Legacy v7 at the Eastside Genealogical Society meeting at the Bellevue Regional Library, NE 12th St and 110th Ave. NE, Bellevue, WA. Sherry Holthe of Millennia Corporation will speak. Contact for more info on the EGS meeting: Judy Meredith at 425-702-9321 or send an e-mail to email@example.com The EGS website is at http://www.rootsweb.com/~wakcegs/.
• 23 February - Sun City, Arizona - West Valley Genealogical Society Annual Seminar. Meldon J. Wolfgang III, writer of the genealogy column for the New York State Archives Partnership Trust’s Magazine, and owner of Jonathan Sheppard Books, will speak on Exploring Uncommon Genealogical Research Resources, Techniques and Strategies. Registration is required. Legacy Family Tree will be available in the vendor area, showing off the latest in Legacy products. Visit http://www.azwvgs.org/Seminar.htm for more information.
• 27 February - Tucson, Arizona. Sun City Vistoso Genealogical Society. Millennia's Geoff Rasmussen will teach the following classes:
· Digital Imaging for Genealogists
· The New Legacy 7.3
Held in the Apache Room in The Vistoso Center at 1565 Rancho Vistoso Blvd. in Oro Valley, north of Tucson. For questions, please contact Barbara Krecklow at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• 8 March - Seattle Genealogical Society Computer Interest Group meeting, 10:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m, at the Ballard Branch of the Seattle Public Library, 5614 22nd Ave. N.W. Seattle , WA 98107. "Using Legacy Family Tree, Part I" with Sherry Holthe of Millennia Corp. Email SGSComputerSIG@Gmail.com for more information.
• 8 March - Bountiful, UT - South Davis 2008 Family History Fair. This has been Utah’s largest genealogy fair for years, and it’s free. Millennia’s Geoff Rasmussen will present several classes on Legacy and other genealogy technology. Visit www.familyhistoryfair.com for more information.
• 15 March - Snohomish Washington Stake Family History Fair - 10120 Chapel Hill Road, Lake Stevens, WA 98258. The Open House will run from 9AM-3PM. The keynote speaker from 9:00-10:00 am, then 50 minute classes on the hour from 10:00-2:00 pm. Jim Terry of Millennia Corporation, will do a presentation “Introduction to the New Legacy Family Tree 7.4”.
• 14-15 March - Provo, UT - Computerized Family History and Genealogy Conference. This conference is designed as a how-to guide for everyone, including beginning, intermediate, and advanced researchers. Millennia’s Geoff Rasmussen will teach:
· Legacy Family Tree
· Creating Your First Digital Video
Please visit http://ce.byu.edu/cw/cwcompu/ for more information.
• 22 March - Logan, UT - Family History Expo 2008. Visit our booths 102 and 103. Visit http://www.myancestorsfound.com/events/upcoming_events.php?event_id=2 for more information.
• 29 March - Sacramento, CA - Root Cellar, Sacramento Genealogical Society is sponsoring a half-day seminar featuring Legacy’s Geoff Rasmussen. Sessions include:
· Timelines and Chronologies
· Genealogist’s Guide to Working with Digital Images
· Insider’s Guide to Legacy Family Tree
· Research Guidance: GenSmarts, FamilySearch, and Legacy
Registration is required. Visit http://www.rootcellar.org/ for more information.
• 1, 8, 15, 22 April - Youngtown, Arizona - Beginning Legacy Family Tree. Sponsored by the West Valley Genealogical Society, Millennia’s Geoff Rasmussen will teach a four-week series of classes related to beginning with Legacy Family Tree. Registration is required and seats are limited. Visit http://www.azwvgs.org/Classes.htm for registration and additional information, or call the WVGS Library at 623-933-4945
• 3 April - Sun City Grand, AZ - The New Legacy 7 by Geoff Rasmussen, sponsored by the Sun City Grand Genealogy Special Interest Group. 3:30-5:00. For more information, contact Leon Chapman at President@grandcomputers.org or call 623-398-8900. Held at Computer Club Classroom, The Chaparral Center, 19745 N. Remington Dr in Surprise.
• 12 April - Seattle, WA - Seattle Genealogical Society Computer Interest Group meeting, 10:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m,. at the Ballard Branch of the Seattle Public Library, 5614 22nd Ave. N.W. Seattle , WA 98107. "Using Legacy Family Tree, Part II" with Sherry Holthe of Millennia Corp. Email SGSComputerSIG@Gmail.com for more information.
• 12 April - St. Louis, MO - Genealogical Society’s 38th Annual Family History Conference featuring Paula Stuart-Warren, CG. Legacy Family Tree’s Geoff Rasmussen will also present:
· Organizing, Planning, and Sharing Using Legacy Family Tree
· Genealogist’s Guide to Working With Digital Images
Held at the Maryland Heights Centre, 2344 McKelvey Road. For more information, please visit www.stlgs.org
• 28 April - Wenatchee, WA - Wenatchee Genealogical Society meeting - East Wenatchee Fire Station Meeting Room, 377 Eastmont Avenue, East Wenatchee, WA (corner of 4th and Eastmont). The meeting starts at 7:00 pm. The program starts at 8:00 pm. Jim Terry of Millennia Corporation, will do a presentation “Introduction to the New Legacy Family Tree 7.4”.
• 16-17 May 2008 - Mount Vernon, WA - Washington State Genealogical Society Conference at the First United Methodist Church, 1607 Division St., Mount Vernon, Washington. Download a registration brochure at http:/www.rootsweb.com/~wasgs. Please stop by the Legacy booth with your questions or just to say hello.
• 14-17 May 2008 Kansas City, MO - National Genealogical Society Conference in Kansas City, Missouri, 14-17. Visit http://www.eshow2000.com/ngs/2008/ for more information.
• May 30 - June 1, 2008 - London, Ontario, Canada - Ontario Genealogical Society conference. Held at Fanshawe College in London. Visit http://www.ogs.on.ca/conference/index.html for more information. Legacy Family Tree’s Geoff Rasmussen will present:
· Genealogist's Guide to Working with Digital Images
· Mapping your Ancestors Electronically: Using Software and the Internet
· Legacy Family Tree, 2 hour workshop
· Legacy Family Tree, 1 hour workshop (for those who could not attend the first workshop
• 27-29 June - Burbank, CA - Southern California Genealogical Jamboree 2008. Visit www.scgsgenealogy.com for more information.
• 16 - 28 July 2008 - Legacy Genealogy Cruise. Come with us on a 12 Day cruise of the Baltic Capitals on the luxurious Norwegian Cruise Lines Jewel Ship. This cruise starts in London England and then goes to Copenhagen Denmark, Warnemuende Berlin, St. Petersburg Russia, Helsinki Finland, Tallinn Estonia, Stockholm Sweden and then back to London England.
Please visit http://www.legacyfamilytree.com/CruiseInfo_2008.asp for details.
• 3-6 September 2008 - Philadelphia, PA - FGS 2008 "Footprints of Family History" Conference in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Please visit http://www.fgsconference.org/index.php for details.
• 16 September 2008 -- Scottsdale, AZ - Family History Society of Arizona, Paradise Valley Chapter. Legacy's Geoff Rasmussen will present "Organizing, Planning, and Sharing with Legacy Family Tree." Held at the Senior Center at Via Linda, 10440 N. Via Linda, Room 6 in Scottsdale. The Legacy part of the meeting will begin at 7:00. For more information, contact Jan Motley at email@example.com.
•20 September 2008 - Portland, ME - Maine Genealogical Society conference. Held at the Wyndham Hotel in South Portland, Maine. The featured speaker is Megan Smolenyak who will be conducting four sessions - (1) Trace Your Roots with DNA; (2) Beyond Y-DNA: Your Genetic Genealogy Options; (3) Reverse Genealogy; and (4) Cases that Made My Brain Hurt. Millennia’s Geoff Rasmussen will teach:
· Insiders Guide to Legacy Family Tree - Tips & Tricks
· Market Your Ancestors using Message Boards and Mailing Lists
· Mapping your Ancestors Electronically.
Please visit http://www.rootsweb.com/~megs/ for more information.
• 11 October 2008 - Bellevue, WA - Eighth Annual West Coast Summit on African-American Genealogy, "Family History-Putting the Pieces Together" will feature Quintard Taylor. For more information telephone 206-784-0337 or 206-927-5039 or check the website at http://www.blackpast.org or email BGRG92@aol.com. Please note there is no walk-in registration for this event. Jim Terry of Millennia Corporation will conduct classes on Legacy Family Tree. Held at the Bellevue South Stake Center, 15205 SE 28th, Bellevue, WA, USA.
• 11 October 2008 - Seaside, CA - Heritage Harvest Central Coast Genealogy Conference. Sponsored by Monterey County Genealogy Society, Inc. and Monterey/Seaside Family History Center. Held at 1024 Noche Buena St. (Noche Buena & Plumas), Seaside CA, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Check-in at 8:00 a.m.
Keynote Presentation, Geoff Rasmussen:
“Timelines and Chronologies: Secrets of Genealogical Success”
· Research Guidance: GenSmarts, & FamilySearch & Legacy
· Insider’s Guide to Legacy Family Tree: Tips & Tricks
· Mapping your Ancestors Electronically: Using Software and the Internet
· Sharing Genealogy Electronically: Publishing to CD/DVD, the Internet, and email
Also classes with local instructors on Beginning Research, DNA, Ethnic and U.S. Regional Research, Online Research, computer training and more!
Lunch will be included in registration fee, $30
Pre-registration by Sept. 25, 2008 will guarantee syllabus and lunch.
For conference flyer and more information: http://www.mocogenso.org/
or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• 14 October 2008 - Dallas, Texas. Legacy Family Tree Part III, a 4 session course is offered at Brookhaven College, October 14-23, 2008, on Tuesday and Thursday afternoons from 1-4:20 p.m, in Room M124. This course will cover using the U.S. County Verifier, GeoDatabase, Mapping, Picture Center and, how to prepare To Do and Chronology reports to aid in your research. To enroll call Brookhaven College (972-860-4698).
• 18 October 2008 - Surrey, British Columbia - 12th Annual Tri-Stake Seminar "Finding Your Roots"
Surrey Stake Centre
6270 - 126th Street
Jim Terry of Millennia Corporation will conduct classes on Legacy Family Tree. For information please contact Sally Haysom at email@example.com or by phone at (604) 644-9934 or (604) 501-0188.
• 28 October 2008 - Dallas, Texas. Legacy Family Tree Part IV, a 4 session workshop is offered at Brookhaven College, October 28-November 6, 2008, on Tuesday and Thursday afternoons from 1 - 4:20 p.m. in Room M124. Students will bring their Family File to the workshop and receive help in entering individuals, events and sources. Tips, tricks and techniques using Legacy, the new functions in Version 7, complex searches and customized reports will be discussed. To enroll call Brookhaven College (972-860-4698).
• 29 October 2008 - Youngtown, Arizona. West Valley Genealogical Society begins a 4-week course on Technology Aids for Genealogy, taught by Legacy's Geoff Rasmussen. Each session is two hours long and includes detailed handouts. Registration is required. Seating is limited to 25. Call 623-933-4945 for more information.
• 1 November 2008 - Prescott, AZ - Northern Arizona Genealogy Society will feature a free Genealogy/Family History Seminar featuring Legacy Family Tree's Geoff Rasmussen. Held at the Prescott Public Library, Founders Room, First Floor at 215 E. Goodwin in Prescott. Seating is limited to the first 100 registrants, so please register in advance. All pre-registered attendees will be given seating preference. Visit http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~aznags/Seminar08.htm or contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Genealogist's Guide to Working with Digital Images
- Mapping Your Ancestors Electronically: Using Software and the Internet
- Timelines and Chronologies: Secrets to Genealogical Success
- Organizing, Planning, and Sharing Using Legacy Family Tree
- Insider's Guide to Legacy Family Tree: Tips & Tricks
• 7 November 2008 - Provo, UT - International Commission for the Accreditation of Professional Genealogists (ICAPGen) annual seminar will feature Legacy's Geoff Rasmussen speaking on "Legacy Family Tree Genealogy Software for the Professional." For more information, visit www.icapgen.org.
• 8 November 2008 - Bellevue, WA - Family History Expo VIII. Held at the Bellevue Stake Center of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints at 14536 Main Street, Bellevue, WA, 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM. Jim Terry of Millennia Corp. will teach Legacy classes at 10:00 am and 11:15 am. The Legacy Interest Group of the Eastside Genealogical Society will have an exhibit. For additional information please visit http://www.wafamilyhistory.net/.
• 10 November 2008 - Fountain Hills, AZ - Family History Society of Arizona, Fountain Hills Chapter. Come learn about Legacy Family Tree, taught by Millennia's Geoff Rasmussen. The Legacy presentation begins at 10:00am and is held at the Fountain Hills Community Center at 13001 N. La Montana Drive. For more information visit http://www.fhsa.org/chapter.html.
• 14-15 November 2008 - Mesa, AZ - Family History Expo 2008: "Cyberexchange 101: Learn the tech to trace your roots." Held at the Mesa Convention Center, 263 N. Center Street in Mesa. Visit our Legacy booth for the latest products. We will also teach the following classes:
- Research Guidance: FamilySearch, GenSmarts, and Legacy
- Free Wall Charting Software
- Legacy Family Tree 7.4: an Overview
- Adding Sources is Easy with the New SourceWriter
Visit http://www.myancestorsfound.com/events/upcoming.php?event_id=43 for more information.