• The IMSI version of Legacy doesn't finish installing because of an error "The file F:\LegacyManual\Legacy 4 Manual.PDF could not be opened"
This problem most commonly occurs with Windows 98. Please consider upgrading to a newer version of Windows.
- Rebooting your computer will complete the install
and even though you don't see
the shortcut icons on your desktop, Legacy is on your
hard drive. You can create
your own shortcut icons for the program by right
clicking on the desktop and
selecting New > Shortcut and walking through
the windows presented.
You also need to manually copy the PDF manual file over to your hard drive into the Legacy folder and create a shortcut icon for that file. To copy the file, insert the CD in the drive and using Windows Explorer, locate the file, right click and select copy and then right click on the Legacy folder on your hard drive and select paste.
- Legacy should work after doing step 1 above.
However, if you receive other errors after doing step
1, please download and install Microsoft Data Access
Components [MDAC] 2.7 RTM (English).
MDAC 2.7 contains the same version of the MDAC components that are installed by Windows XP and is supported on Windows 98, Windows ME, Windows NT 4 and Windows 2000. To download the MDAC 2.7 please visit www.microsoft.com/data/download_270rtm.htm.
Next please download and install Jet 4.0 Service Pack from Microsoft.
The service pack solves several errors reported by Legacy users. There are two versions of the Service Pack; please choose the version that matches your Window's operating system. There are two steps involved: downloading and running the file installation.
For Computers That Are Running Microsoft Windows 95, Microsoft Windows 98 and Microsoft Windows NT version 4.0
Use Jet40SP8_9xNT.exe to install Jet 4.0 SP8 on computers that are running Windows 95, Windows 98 or Windows NT version 4.0:
- For Computers That Are Running Windows Millennium Edition
Use Jet40SP7_WMe.exe to install Jet 4.0 SP7 on computers that are running Windows Millennium Edition:
- For Computers That Are Running Microsoft Windows 2000
Use Windows2000-KB829558-x86-ENU.exe to install Jet 4.0 SP8 on computers that are running Windows 2000:
- For Computers That Are Running Microsoft Windows XP
Use WindowsXP-KB829558-x86-ENU.exe to install Jet 4.0 SP8 on computers that are running Windows XP:
- Repair your Legacy program by updating it. Please click here to begin the download steps.