• PDF File Errors
Can't Create PDF file or PDF files missing pages/pictures (Legacy Deluxe only)
- The PDF creation feature is available only in Legacy Deluxe. Make
certain the Deluxe features have been unlocked by entering your Deluxe
customer number in Legacy (click on Help and select Unlock
- Be sure you are in the right screen to create a PDF file. From the Report
screen click the Preview button and in the Preview screen click
the Create PDF File button.
- With the Report Selection screen open to the report you wish to
print, click the Reset button in the lower right corner to reset
the report options. Click 'Yes' when prompted about resetting the
defaults; then reselect your report options.
- Check the Report Options to make sure your preferences are
selected. This is important if other spouses or pictures, etc. are not
- Make certain that you are using the newest version of Adobe Acrobat
to read the PDF file.
- Make certain that you have sufficient memory if creating a large PDF
file. Pages and pictures may drop out if system resources begin to run
- PDF file generation is based on your print driver. Try adding the Generic print
driver and use the Generic/Text Only option (Start
button, Settings, Printers, Add Printer. From the
list of manufacturers select Generic. Use the printer port that
you regularly use (normally LPT1). In Legacy select the report and in
the upper right corner of the Report Options screen click Printer
Setup and select Generic.
- There is a limit to how large a PDF file can be. We have
experienced problems where pages and pictures and are dropped with PDF
files containing hundreds of pages. Please recreate your PDF
book in separate, smaller volumes.
- Click here for more information on PDF files.
PDF file created in Legacy is blank/can't be read in Adobe Acrobat Version 7
PDF files created in Legacy with a build date prior to 4 Feb 2005 cannot be read with Adobe Acrobat Version 7. Please update your Legacy program. More information is available by visiting www.LegacyFamilyTree.com/helpUpdate60.asp.
PDF Error - Font has not been set
- Please download PDF_fix.zip from http://www.legacyfamilytree.com/_downld/controls/PDF_fix.zip .
- Next extract the files in PDF_fix.zip and save them into the Legacy folder on your hard drive. This is C:\Legacy or whatever location you installed Legacy to on your computer.
NOTE: If you have Windows XP, you can just double click on this file to open it. If you don't have Windows XP, you will need a program like WinZip to open it. WinZip can be downloaded free from www.WinZip.com.
- Restart Legacy and try creating the PDF file again.